Midwifery Services in Nashville
Centennial Midwifery offers a range of women’s healthcare services in Nashville, personalized to your unique needs. Our midwives support the philosophy of the American College of Nurse-midwives (ACNM) for midwifery practice. In particular, we believe that culturally competent, family-centered midwifery care should be available to women from a variety of ethnicities, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
We honor the normalcy inherent in women’s life-cycle events. We believe in …
- Watchful waiting and non-intervention in normal pregnancy and birth
- The appropriate use of interventions and technology to prevent or treat potential health problems
- The provision of care within a system that allows for easy access to specialized care when needed, including collaboration and consultation with physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
We believe every woman has the right to ….
- Equitable, ethical, quality healthcare that promotes health and healing
- Healthcare that respects human dignity, individuality and diversity
- Complete and accurate information to make informed healthcare decisions
- Self-determination and active participation in healthcare decisions
- Involve her family members, to the extent desired, in all healthcare experiences
Why choose a Centennial midwife
When you partner with a Certified Nurse Midwife from Centennial Midwifery, our first priority is that you feel heard, understood, safe and supported throughout your pregnancy and health journey. We provide full-scope nurse-midwifery services from adolescence through menopause with a special emphasis on pregnancy, childbirth and well-woman gynecology. We provide high-quality and compassionate care for expectant mothers and women of all ages, including:
- Preconception care
- Prenatal exams and tests
- Prenatal counseling for diet, exercise, vitamins and more
- Educational resources throughout your pregnancy
- Physical and emotional support throughout the birth
- Planning for your birth
- Full scope inpatient care, including delivery
- Assistance with physician referrals if necessary
- Gynecological care and exams
- Breast exams
- Pap smears
- Birth control
Why use a Midwife as part of your birth plan?
Choosing a care provider is a personal decision. In addition to considering a provider’s education and expertise, it is also important to consider the provider’s philosophical approach to care and how they will work with you to help you make decisions that are best for you.
Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) are graduate prepared advanced practice nurses, who can practice independently at hospitals, birth centers, or at home. They have training in obstetrics and gynecology, as well as specialized midwifery training. They are also able to prescribe medications and treatments, and can order and interpret tests. They work as part of a collaborative team that includes obstetricians and other specialists.
Our midwives will also provide hands-on physical support during labor and birth, and will support you throughout pregnancy and postpartum, providing clinical care, education and counseling individualized to fit your needs.
Where our midwives practice
We provide labor and birth services at the TriStar Centennial Medical Center in Nashville. We practice in collaboration with board-certified obstetrician/gynecologists, neonatologists and pediatricians. Our obstetricians are in-house and available to us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, giving you the peace of mind that you will have immediate access to highly specialized medical or surgical care should you need it.
Our office is conveniently located in the office building next to the Women’s Hospital.
Care coverage at Centennial Midwifery
Centennial Midwifery accepts commercial insurance, as well as other self-pay options. Please contact your insurance company to verify what is covered for you.